Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Staying in the NOW

Wow. Isn't that hard? Focusing on this second only? We have the capacity to think about the future and the past and the present, but each can overwhelm us an incredible amount if we dwell upon it for too long. Today is my first day back to internship and then later today, class.  I am so overwhelmed by it all since I have missed so much time and I am trying VERY hard to stay in the now.  I would much rather panic about class than be doing what I am doing here.  The tricky thing I always noticed about my internship is that if I try to do homework here I always end up sleepy and have a lot of trouble staying awake, so I must not do reading homework here.  Unfortunately, that's most of my homework. If I had realized I had homework while I was sick, then I would have read up on things and taken charge, but I didn't. And in a split second I'm already focusing on the future and past... see how hard it is? I'm going to REALLY challenge myself today to stay in the present all day.  It might be a good challenge... I'll write about how the day went tonight, when it's over (once again.. I'm in the future).

No comments:

Post a Comment