Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's snowing

As I gaze out the window and witness these unique soft, gentle flakes of snow flying through the sky I become lost in a day dream.. remembering tales of yesterday... things of today.. what would it be like to be a snow flake? Recently I've been sleeping away from my altar, where I usually give my thanks, so I haven't been as diligent with talking to the God and Goddess at night, but I still know how important it is to give thanks.  This world is an amazing place... and things happen for a reason.. just like the snow flakes float through the sky, we float through our days... we encounter events that were meant for us as a snow flake encounters a building or object which they either land on or pass by. This life is.. an amazing treat. We keep going and going until life says "HEY YOU! You need a break" or until life says "you've been lazy and wasting around for way too long, it's time to get you a jolt of motivation to get movin and get your feet wet in this life" it's just... amazing. We could have been in this life at anytime.. been born into our current circumstances at any time, maybe we have lived this life once before, but that's the magic of it... we are here now because we are supposed to be.  It kind of makes me think... are we suposed to come about circumstances of suicide? suicide is osmething that most people have thought about at one point in their life... is that a circumstance that some people are meant to do? I don't know... people who survive their attempts often go on in life to amazing things and realize what htey woul dhave missed if they were successful.  I'm not sure why this thought tangent led to such a scary topic, but it did and I apologize for that if it's a disturbing thought. I just think it's interesting. The city is so busy, but the snow.. just slows you down, if you notice it... it's a breath of fresh air.. .an amazing gift to tell us that everything will be ok.  This is why I love my path... I have such an appreciation for the simple things... the finer things in life... and this path lets me embrace that even more.. it's all about Nature and observation and being in tune with the world around you.  I love that. That is who I am. I am an Eclectic Witch and couldn't be happier to be so.... I capitalized that for a reason. I just love this world.. I love it. it's so warm and welcoming and it's like coming home again every time another piece of the World pops into my eye and says "Hi!" I just love it...

Thank you dear World, Universe, Gods and Goddesses, Ancestors, Sun, Moon, Stars, North, South, East, and West, spirits of the past, Nature, the dear unique snowflakes reading this blog.. and to you, dear snowflakes outside the window. Thank you <3

Remember... you are here for a reason... you are a unique creation with a purpose... take the time to stop and observe... appreciate... and LOVE.  This world is amazing <3

Always,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment