Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dwelling on the past and future

OK, so I learned one thing today.  You can not completely cut past and future thoughts out of your life. Everything you do is because of the past or for the future... so I couldn't just STOP talking about things because if I said "i am doing this for group today" then I'm talking about the future, but I have to.

But. I did stop thinking about past and future things that overwhelmed me.  If i noticed my mind going to a past or future thing that wasn't relevant to the present, I directed my thoughts back to that present second. It worked all day for the most part. :) I'm happy about it. I had a good time with it. :) The mind is a powerful tool..

Brightest Blessings!

Love,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of a pantster when it comes to posting. I write down prospective ideas when they come to mind, but they usually stay in my tiny notepad for weeks because something else comes up.

    Don't dwell on it, just push them as they come and have fun. And if they don't come, just have fun.

    ReplyDelete