Monday, January 24, 2011

New goal

Well, today I am working on a new "goal." I think it's great to start out every day or every week with a challenge.  Today/this weeks' challenge for me is to STOP hating my internship.
Issues: no activities to do, limited supervision, lots of bored time
Problem: HATE coming in
Solution:???

I have to solve this problem quickly because I am going to try to arrange my schedule so I can come in here four days a week in order to complete my hours faster.  I have to find more things to do and more ways to stay focused and entertained so that I don't go nuts and stop coming in to my internship, which I MAY do. I've already missed 2 weeks of this due to illness, so who knows.

Have you ever had a situation like this? Where you HAVE to do something day in and day out that you just absolutely HATE doing? How did you solve that problem?

I am trying to go back to see how I solved similar situations in the past.  The only thing I can think of is when I was at another internship like this and I started finding ways to help teachers.  My only fear with that is I am in a social work internship and I don't want my supervisor to be upset with me for doing tasks other than "social work" tasks. I want to talk to my supervisor, but I am afraid she is going to bog me down so much that I won't be able to handle it.  We'll see, right? It's just odd that on average I am busy 3 periods per day.  Everyone always thinks I'm doing something important because I'm always typing a lot, but really I'm just updating my blog or typing an email. I just... love to type so I do it fast and often.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note. I am in a group that does really nice Rituals for each holiday and they sent an email through the group trying to decide about when the Ritual for Imbolc will be.  Unfortunately I can not attend because I have work on weekends, but it was nice seeing emails from people that I miss VERY much.  Then, one of my dear friends sent an email checking in on me.  It was really nice to see.  and I had exciting news to share!

Do you ever have one of those moments spiritually where something just clicks? You can feel the energy of the moment and you're soul screams "THIS IS RIGHT!!" I had one of those the other day.  I was using my tarot cards, which I don't often use... I usually go to my oracle deck, but I can't find them at the moment.  (I think the house Fairies have something to do with that). I pulled out my Raider Waite deck, which is wrapped nicely next to my bed.. I shuffled and I pulled the card that felt right. WOWEE! I pulled a card and I looked at it before I referenced the guide book.  I said exactly what came to mind when I saw the card and I reviewed it in my mind. Then I said "that makes a lot of sense! I think this is good." and I looked in the book and nearly the exact description I JUST said, was IN THE BOOK!!!! Trusting my intuition has always been an issue for me.. and when I opened that book... my soul said "THIS IS RIGHT!! You got this!!" and I was so proud of myself.  The last time I had one of those moments it was during an amazing Moon ritual I did in my room.  I hadn't practiced for a while and I opened my circle and was ready to start Ritual when I got this overwhelming energy and I was filled with estatic, excited emotions.  My soul said "THIS IS RIGHT!!" and I was happy.. I finished Ritual knowing that this is where I belong . Every time I doubt something, I think back to my "THIS IS RIGHT" moments and then the World is good again.

Aren't those just the most magical times of all?

Makes you love your place in this World just a little bit more! :)

Brightest Blessings to you and yours,

<3 Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment